How to Make a Big Impression with Creative Corporate Christmas Cards
The holiday season is fast approaching, and there’s no better time of the year to connect with your customers. With the right holiday card, you can set your business apart from the competition and create an impression that will last the entire year.
While digital cards have become increasingly popular in recent years, there’s still a lot to be said for opening your mailbox and finding a physical card. Instead of sending out a generic card, why not design a unique, personalized Christmas card to send out to your customers?
Here are a few tips for creating unique corporate Christmas cards for your business.
Designing Creative Holiday Cards for Business
Anyone can go to the store, pick up a box of cards, and mail them out to customers, but where’s the personal touch? Sure, adding a handwritten note is great, but if you really want to stand out this holiday season, you need a card that’s uniquely your own. Fortunately, with a little creativity, designing a unique holiday card is easier than you may think.
- Make it personal. Personal touches are often perceived as the difference between junk mail and real correspondence. At the very least, you need to address your recipient by name and have your business and logo printed on your card. Time permitting, a handwritten note is an excellent addition as well.Check out the subtle use of logo in these cards designed by Jen Quinn for audioEngine:
Want to make your cards even more personal? Add a photo! Photo cards are popular among families, but they’re also great for adding that personal touch to corporate holiday cards. Whether you opt for a traditional posed holiday photo or something with a bit more personality, photos help customers form stronger connections with businesses.
- Think about what makes your business unique. The best card is one that relates to your business. If you’re a hair stylist, for example, you may want to design a card around the idea of “trimming” the tree while restaurant owners may want to go with an “Eat, Drink and Be Merry” theme for their Christmas These cards by Eliza Woo featuring tools and construction equipment in the shape of a tree would be perfect for contractors and builders.
- Reflect your brand. Do you have a strong brand that makes use of certain colors, logos and/or designs? If so, design your card around those elements. A card featuring your logo or a color scheme that’s uniquely your own is instantly identifiable and makes a strong impression.
- Make it interactive. Holiday cards don’t have to be limited to a folded piece of cardstock with a message and image on the front and a message inside. Add interactive elements like pop-ups or even a dot-to-dot that needs to be completed to reveal the image. The longer the recipient spends interacting with your card, the more likely they are to remember it! You could even design a card that could be folded up and used as an origami ornament, like these from designer Ying Chang.
These DIY cards from manolab are another example of an interactive holiday card. This card would be perfect for a craft or knitting store.
- Use premium materials. The holiday season isn’t the time to skimp on quality. If you want to make a great impression, have your cards printed on quality stock that looks great and will feel nice in your recipient’s hands.
- Play with dimension. Why send a flat card like everyone else when you can send a card that folds into a unique three-dimensional decoration? Add your company’s logo to the back, and cards like these 3D Christmas trees by NSG – will serve as a reminder of your business throughout the holiday season!
- Work with a professional graphic designer. Whether you have no idea where to begin on your Christmas card design or you have a rough idea that needs some help, working with a professional graphic designer is the best way to ensure an amazing finished product. At The Print Connection, our graphic designers are here to help you design the perfect corporate holiday cards for your business.
This year, let us help you design business Christmas cards that will make a huge impression. The winter holidays are fast approaching, and time is running out to finalize your holiday marketing plans. Call 303-779-1420 to get started!